Club 1851 product samples available for review from time to time to review panellists. GB residents 18+ are selected by Kiehl's based on their engagement with our emails and product review activity regarding Kiehl's products and receive an invitation to sign up from Kiehl's. Sign up via online registration form hosted at club1851.kiehls.co.uk Full T&Cs club1851.kiehls.co.uk/legal/terms.
Review Panel Name and Description
The Club 1851 is set up to provide our products to a limited number of Kiehl's customers selected by Kiehl's based on their engagement with our emails and product review activity regarding Kiehl's products, in return for receiving honest feedback in the form of independent customer reviews.
Kiehl's, a trading division of L'Oréal UK Limited, 255 Hammersmith Road, London W6 8AZ.
Panel Open Date,
09:00 / 00:01 01/09/17 UKI time
Selection Criteria for Review Panel
Review Panellists will be selected on the basis of EITHER being signed up to the Promoter's email database AND having a high engagement rate on Promoter emails AND/OR being a customer of the Promoter that has previously left product reviews and has an active and engaged social media profile AND/OR being amongst a pool of social media profiles engaged in beauty AND / OR AND / OR being random winners of prize draws administered by the Promoter from time to time (Review Panellists).When Review Panellists are to be recruited by prize draw, a chosen number 10 out of the eligible entrants will be drawn at random to participate in the Review Panel.
Eligibility for Invitation to Sign Up
Great Britain residents, with a delivery address located in their country of residence, aged 18+, who meet the Selection Criteria
(where entry is by invitation only to Promoter's email database) who are registered on the Promoter's database and receive an invitation email to sign up from the Promoter (or where entry is either to selected consumers or the general public) who follow the entry mechanic via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Promoter's other social media channels or Promoter's website as opened up by the Promoter based on the Selection Criteria from time to time then receive a direct message or an invitation email to sign up from the Promoter.
Prize draw winners randomly selected to join the Review Panel will receive an invitation email to sign up from the Promoter (within 30 days of the closing date of the prize draw).
How to Sign Up Requirements
Notification of entry to Review Panel
Those persons who successfully complete the online registration form will receive a welcome email notifying them of becoming a Review Panellist.
Frequency and type of product campaigns
Based on the Promoter's understanding of Review Panellist profile fit with the products to be reviewed, Review Panellists may receive campaign invitation emails to review a variable number of products each year and, within any particular campaign, the Promoter may provide different types of product to Review Panellists.The frequency, product campaign and product type within a campaign that Review Panellists are invited to review is at the Promoter's sole discretion.
INVITATION TO PRODUCT CAMPAIGNS
Product campaign commitment and process
By signing up to the Review Panel and accepting these Terms and Conditions, Review Panellists agree and understand that they will be required to participate in approximately up to 25 product review campaigns per year.Review Panellists agree to use the product or sample themselves, not to use the product or sample for any other purpose than would be reasonably expected by participation in this Review Panel and further agree to provide a review for each product or sample they receive. Review Panellists will be notified of a product review campaign by a campaign invitation email to which Review Panellists must respond within the stipulated period (usually 2 days) to sign up to request a product or sample. Product campaigns are offered strictly on a first come first served basis. Products are usually despatched within 5 to 7 days of sign up.
REVIEW CAMPAIGN PARTICIPATION
Review Request Email Review Submission and Publication
After successful sign up to a product review campaign, Review Panellists will receive a review request email and, unless otherwise stated or required based on the type of product, will have up to 2 weeks from receipt of the product to complete a review, by following the link in the review request email to a review form or survey. Reviews are usually published within 3 days.Promoter reserves the right to refuse to publish, change, edit or delete any comment that it deems, in its sole discretion, to breach these Terms and Conditions. Promoter reserves the right not to publish any duplicate content, blank or partially completed reviews, reviews in any other language than English or any unintelligible content.
Disclosing the Review Panellist participation in the Review Panel
Review Panellists may choose at their own discretion to independently post about a product or sample on social media separate from their Review Panel obligations. If choosing to post, Review Panellists must transparently disclose their participation in the Promoter's Review Panel to other consumers by including appropriate hashtags e.g. #ReviewPanellist, #Kiehl'sReviewer, #Kiehl'sReviewPanel. The Promoter may encourage Review Panellists to use certain hashtags in relation to a sample in the Review Panellists social media posts. Review Panellists are under no obligation to use these suggested hashtags, but if choosing to do so, they must also include the disclosure hashtags suggested above.
REVIEW PANEL EXIT
Customer Care Team Contact Details
If Review Panellists have any concerns, complaints or questions relating to any product or sample (rather than questions relating to the Review Panel), please contact the Promoter's Customer Care Team on https://www.Kiehl's.co.uk/contact/.Promoter reserves the right to refer your review to its Customer Care Team rather than publishing it if it believes it would be better handled in this way.
General Terms and Conditions
Entry and eligibility
- Entries for the Review Panel will only be accepted in accordance with the Selection Criteria and the Entry requirements outlined above.
- The Review Panel is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- Promoter's employees, their immediate family or any third party directly associated with the Review Panel are not eligible to enter.
- On joining the Review Panel, Review Panellists agree to participate in the Review Panel and submit reviews for products/samples upon receipt of each product/sample in accordance with the terms outlined above.
- Only one Review Panellist entry per person. Only one campaign product/sample per Review Panellist. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be valid. Multiple entries made by the same person will not be valid. Spamming referral or promotion practices are not permitted and will lead to removal from the Review Panel and/or cancellation of the product/sample campaign. For the avoidance of doubt this includes, but is not limited to, soliciting public entries by posting details of this promotion on third party websites and other media (ie freebie websites), and any other irregular referral or promotion practice that the Promoter deems in its reasonable opinion subverts legitimate referral practices.
- As entry to the Review Panel is online: (a) incomplete, illegal, misdirected or late entries will not be valid; (b) proof of complying with the How to Sign Up Requirements will not be accepted as proof of receipt or entry and (c) the Promoter is not responsible for entries lost, damaged or delayed due to technical or connectivity or other problems.
- Entries and reviews cannot be returned and are the property of the Promoter once submitted.
- The Promoter reserves the right to revise the Selection Criteria and periodically accept fresh entries to the Review Panel from the general public.
Product/Sample fulfilment and removal from Review Panel
- The products/samples sent to the Review Panellists are as stated and there are no alternative samples or cash substitutes available. Promoter reserves the right to (but is not obliged to) substitute a product/sample of equal or greater value in the event that the original product/sample is unavailable for any reason whatsoever. Promoter reserves the right to cancel a product/sampling campaign at its sole discretion.
- If a product/sample is declined or returned undeliverable, or if a Review Panellist forfeits the product/sample under these Terms and Conditions, then the Promoter may at its absolute discretion select an alternative Review Panellist to receive a product/sample and submit a review. In such circumstances, the Promoter has the right to immediately revoke the Review Panellist's participation in the product/sampling campaign or the Review Panel at the Promoter's sole discretion without any obligation to notify the Review Panellist.
- If the Promoter has any reason to suspect that the Review Panellist is using the review samples any way other than for personal use for the purposes of participating in the Review Panel (if for examples the Review Panellist is stockpiling the samples, selling the samples or otherwise profiting from the samples), the Promoter has the right to immediately revoke the Review Panellist's participation on the Review Panel at the Promoter's sole discretion.
- Promoter reserves the right to remove any Review Panellist that in its absolute discretion it considers could bring the Promoter into disrepute.
- Promoter reserves the right to remove a Review Panellist from the Review Panel in the event that the Review Panellist fails to provide a review of any samples sent to the Review Panellists as part of their participation on the Review Panel in accordance with the Review Panel Terms and Conditions.
- Promoter shall remove any Review Panellists that have failed to abide by and/or are in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- All Review Panellists will complete a review form or survey providing feedback on the products/samples they are sent as part of their participation on the Review Panel. All feedback must be honest and we welcome all comments on the products/samples, both positive and negative. Where reviews are published as part of product reviews on the Promoter's website or third party sites all reviews (positive or negative) that are in accordance with its moderation policy and these Terms and Conditions will be published.
- By completing and submitting the Review Form, Review Panellists confirm that they have read and accept the Intellectual Property section of these Terms and Conditions and have expressly assigned any intellectual property rights subsisting in the Review Form by ticking the consent box on signing up to this Review Panel and agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
Review Panellist Warranties
- All Review Panellists agree and warrant when submitting a review form or survey that:
- they are at least 18 years old, a GB (or NI/ROI if specified in the Entry section above) resident with a delivery address for the samples located in their country of residence;
- they are the author of the review and that they are not assuming the identity of another person, nor using a false email address or more than one email address, nor being otherwise misleading as to the origin of the review;
- their review content is their own original created work and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party;
- they will not review any product where they could have a conflict of interest;
- all content provided in the Review Form or independently posted by the Review Panellists of their own accord is truthful and accurate.
- All Review Panellists further agree and warrant that they shall not submit any content in their review that:
- identifies them to other consumers (using a first name, username or "nickname" with an approximate location rather than a full name and specific location);
- is known to be false, inaccurate or misleading.
- contains any pricing, confidential or other information about any of the Promoter's competitor brands in the health & beauty industry or their products (including manufacturers and/or distributors and/or retailers of health & beauty products);
- refers to a third party individual without their express consent;
- violates any law, statute or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing intellectual property, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or advertising);
- is, or may reasonably be considered to be illegal, defamatory, libellous, abusive, hateful, harassing, racially or religiously inappropriate, offensive, inciting of violence, fraudulent, invasive of privacy, threatening, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable;
- consists of or contains political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or other forms of "spam";
- is unrelated to the purpose of reviewing the product/sample provided by the Promoter;
- contains any swearing, sexual innuendo or sexual language or which promotes or incites the perpetration of any unlawful activity such as drug-taking;
- they derive any monetary benefit or other compensation from any third party or which could be construed as an advertisement or solicitation to buy (which shall include any content that directs business away from the Promoter);
- includes any information that references other websites, URL addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers.
- contains any actual computer viruses or other potentially disruptive or damaging computer programs or files, or instructions on how to create the same.
- Review Panellists agree to indemnify, keep indemnified and hold the Promoter (which shall include its officers, directors, agents, employees and third party service providers), harmless from all direct or indirect losses, claims, demands and damages, including reasonable legal fees, which are incurred by the Promoter for any breach of the warranties outlined above.
- Promoter shall own all copyright and any other intellectual property or other rights in the content of the Review Form, any other feedback, future submissions and quotes (Review Materials) in perpetuity and Review Panellists hereby assign all copyright and any other intellectual property rights which exist in the Review Materials to the Promoter and hereby waive all moral rights that could vest in them under the Copyright, Design and Patents Act 1988 and any other subsequent or equivalent legislation. The Review Panellists undertake to do all things necessary immediately on Promoter's request to effect or confirm the obligations set out in this paragraph.
- To the extent that the intellectual property rights in the Review Materials are not assigned, Review Panellists hereby grant the Promoter a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, fully sub-licensable and transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and distribute the Review Materials or incorporate such Review Materials into any form, medium or technology at the Promoter's sole discretion including without limitation use in marketing, PR or advertising materials, other media, print and online, press releases, editorial and promotional activity, point of sale material, the Promoter's or third party websites and social media, newsletters and e-newsletters.
- All Review Materials supplied to Promoter by Review Panellists may be modified by promoter in its sole discretion.
- By participating in the Review Panel, Review Panellists consent that the Promoter may or may not choose to use, at its sole discretion, the Review Panellist's username and geographic location alongside the Review Panellists' review on the above mentioned marketing, PR or advertising materials (in each case in in both offline and online media) and the Review Panellists hereby confirm that they have expressly agreed to this reference to themselves by ticking the consent box on signing up to this Review Panel and agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
- Promoter will not utilise any Review Materials that are not in English, are blank or contain any unintelligible content (such as content that contains random characters and meaningless word strings).
- You agree that the Promoter and its third party service providers may use your email address to contact you about the status of your review and for other administrative purposes relating to the Review Panel.
Promotional Activity Relating to the Review Panel
- By participating the Review Panel, the Review Panellists agree to participate in any associated promotional activity, which may include voice, image and name for publicity purposes (in any online or offline media, outdoor/billboard, TV, print or online, including any websites, social media sites or third party retailer websites) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material (whether or not related to the Review Panel) free of charge without additional compensation or prior notice.
- Should a Review Panellist choose to post an entry on social media of its own accord about a sample sent to a Review Panellist as part of their position on the Review Panel, the Review Panellist will acknowledge their relationship with the Promoter and the Review Panel by including appropriate hashtags such as #ReviewPanellist, #BrandReviewer, #Kiehl'sReviewPanel.
Closure of Review Panel
- The Review Panel is open until further notice. Promoter reserves the right to close the Review Panel at any time, for any reason or none, at the Promoter's sole discretion. In the event that the Promoter closes the Review Panel, the Review Panellists will receive an email notification of the Promoter's decision.
- All personal details and/or information given either in the entry process or otherwise must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading. Promoter reserves the right to remove entrants or Review Panellists if they have supplied untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
- The Promoter may use some personal information (including full name and postcode) in order to contact the Review Panellists in the event that they are required to do so by the Advertising Standards Authority to prove that the review is genuine. The Review Panellists acknowledge and agree that, where permission has been given by the Review Panellist when entering the Review Panel, the Promoter may also use some personal information (including user name or first name) when using the Review Panellist's Review Materials in marketing, PR or advertising materials, in both offline and online media.
- Review Panellists may update their personal information at any time, and may leave the Review Panel and delete their account by contacting the Promoter at [email protected] If Review Panellists leave the Review Panel, the Promoter may continue to use Review Materials in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Review Panellists may access their personal information by logging in to the Review Panel, or by contacting the Promoter at [email protected]
- This site also uses limited strictly necessary cookies which are required to keep you logged in during your session. These cookies expire shortly after the end of your session.
Limitation of Liability
- Neither the Promoter nor agencies nor third party service providers involved in this Review Panel may be liable to the Review Panellists or any third party, whether arising from tort including negligence, breach of contract or otherwise or for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered whatsoever as a result of or relating to participation in this Review Panel or the samples to the extent permissible by law. No compensation for loss of earnings will be paid by the Promoter for participation in any aspect of this Review Panel.
- Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to amend or waive any of these Terms and Conditions, or suspend or cancel the Review Panel at any stage, in the event of circumstances that are unforeseen or beyond its reasonable control (including suspected or actual fraudulent or misleading practices or other breaches of these Terms and Conditions).
- English law applies and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings in connection with this Review Panel.